Sunday, February 05, 2006

Reactions

After my first venture into the world of blogging I am surprized with the number of comments and the level to which it helped me think about several issues related to communication. Let me share a few of my reactions to all these comments.

First, I was really impressed that people read what I had posted and then reacted. This was a pleasant surprize and did reinforce my view of this new technology as another vehicle for communication. Second, I loved the fact that several people gave me advice on what other things I should do with my blog and I even got an offer to jazz my page up a bit and make it "edgier" - my favorite word. The third and most intriquing issue was related to the pressure to write another blog and to come up with something stimulating and challenging. When I shared this sense of pressure with a professor on campus his reaction really provided some insight. He said,"how wonderful - that is the way we want students to feel".

It is the way we want students to feel. How do I think about things deeply and then write about them in a way that communicates something!!!!! Yes! Exactly! The pressure isn't a bad thing it is a good thing - well now there is a novel thought.

I am still trying to figure out the RSS thing and how to link other bogs to mine but I will get there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you need to get the rest of the faculty into the blogosphere. It could the be the Wireless Mobile Computer Blogging Initiative.

9:58 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what happen to freedom of blog, why does comments must be approved by blog author, what do you have to fear, but letting everyone read the comments or blogs??

5:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Filters on some material is a good thing some people call it a restriction of freedom some people call it being courteous and socially conscious two qualities a minority of the people lack.

Plus this is a blog not only for President Knowlton but it represents the entire university and needs to up hold a certain image and level of professionalism.

7:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home